Creating a holiday light display for your home can be like giving your neighborhood a gift on the longest nights of winter. Unfortunately, it can also be difficult and tiresome to accomplish. While professionals make it look easy to hang Christmas lights on a roof peak or without nails — anyone who’s tried to do it knows it’s not!
Our experts have compiled five tips to help you get professional-looking results you can be proud of! Use our tips for hanging holiday lights outside to make the process fast, safe and hopefully easier.
Use our top 5 tips to learn how to hang Christmas lights outside like a pro
- Use high-quality lights: It may take time to find a good source of lighting products.
- Take safety precautions: Never climb a ladder without someone to hold it. Next, start early so you aren’t working in slippery conditions on ice and snow.
- Remember, sometimes less is more: Trying to cover every surface can leave your display looking cluttered—and tackling hard-to-reach heights can put you at risk of falling. Choosing a few focal points that are accessible allows you to do the best job without struggling with awkward angles that may end up looking messy.
- Think bottom-up vs. top-down: To wrap the trunks of deciduous trees (trees that leaf out), work your way from the bottom up, coiling the lights as you go. For conifers (evergreen trees), begin at the top and work around the tree.
- Choose attachments wisely: Avoid using staples or nails that can damage your roof and try light clips instead. There are several types available for different surfaces.
Still unsure if you want to take on this endeavor?
Why not leave it all up to those who hang holiday lights outside each and every Minnesota winter! At Rainbow Holiday Design, we take the stress and struggle out of hanging Christmas and holiday lights outside. Our team uses certified equipment and techniques to hang lights safely while keeping your home in tip-top shape.
Purchasing from us is a package deal, you’ll get high-quality LED lights plus installation, removal, and storage! That’s right, we help you design your light display, install them for you, provide maintenance after harsh winter storms and come back when you’re ready to remove them. All you have to do is sit back and become the star of the neighborhood! So what are you waiting for? ‘Tis the season to decorate and celebrate the holidays — so do it better this year!